Shaadi.com is the most popular matrimonial website in India. Compared to a newspaper matrimonial, it offers clear advantages. You can see photos of the other person, you can see more details about them, and you can communicate and chat with them.
In India, dating websites have not been very popular but they are gaining currency now. Apps like Tinder are used by some folks but many girls are afraid that someone they know might come across their profile on such short-term dating platforms.
Shaadi.com is supposedly to find your future husband or wife, but there are many – both men and women – who are on this website with no intention of getting married. If you wish to date a woman, it is quite OK to create a profile on this website and treat it as a way to meet women. If you find a real gem, you may want to consider a steady relationship with her.
But most women on Shaadi.com are quite weird and unfit for a relationship. If you are just wanting to gain experience with different kinds of women, by all means go ahead.
The only cautionary note is to preserve all your communications and watch out for any indications that the woman is somehow too eager to get physical with you before even having met you. It has happened that a woman on shaadi.com is just wanting to trap or blackmail you by accusing you of rape etc.
You obviously should read tips on how to create a good profile and how to build attraction via chatting and texting. We will cover that aspect in another post.
But in this post, we offer some tips on which women to avoid if you are serious about finding a good girlfriend or wife.
- The very brief profile. Don’t bother. If she is not willing to put in some effort at writing about herself, she thinks of herself as a princess who has nothing to offer but is wanting to evaluate men falling over herself.
- The no photo. She is ugly. Having a password-protected photo or a photo visible on accept is OK, though. Trust us, if she looked good, she would have a photo up there.
- The “u2”, “l8r”, “txt” and “wid” kind. She is into too much texting and is an attention whore. If a girl can’t bother to write a proper English sentence describing herself, don’t expect much from her.
- The “profile created by parents”. If you want to marry someone with a good background, this may be OK. But don’t expect to date this woman. Be prepared to talk to her family and be humiliated when they ask you about your salary and prospects.
- The “no time wasters please”. She has dated enough and now wants to trap a beta schlub. And she is impatient to get hitched. Be very cautious. What she wants is for you to not evaluate or date her but just quickly agree to marrying her.
- The single moms. You don’t want to be the one bringing up another man’s babies. They are however, fine for dating. But if there is even a hint that they have used some law against their ex-husbands, stay away. They might trap you in a rape case “on the promise or marriage”.
- The “never married” post-wall women. If she is 32+ and has never been married, rest assured that she has been through some relationships which didn’t work out. She comes with emotional baggage.
- The “fatty face photos only” profile. If she calls her body-type average but there is no fully-length photograph, she is most likely overweight or obese. Don’t waste your time because when you finally meet her, you will be shocked.
- The “fun-loving”. She is vacuous. Has no interest in anything serious, doesn’t read books, has no culinary skills, and gets wasted often. She is probably good for a fling but NEVER make the mistake of getting emotionally invested in her. If she is fun-loving, you too have fun.
A relevant definition of fun-loving from Urban Dictionary:
“The most ridiculous, pointless, and redundant adjective that has ever existed. More specifically, it’s what a lot of uncreative and ignorant incorrigibles use in their personals ad when they can’t think of something to say that actually has meaning to it. The definition of fun, is something that is a source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure. Therefore, the fact that something fun is enjoyable or pleasurable is built-in to the very meaning of the word. Hence, it is completely redundant and illogical to say “fun-loving”. How else is someone going to feel about fun? Fun-hating? The very notion is contradictory at best, and ludicrous at worst.
Oh my god! I’m such a fun-loving person! What an amazing revelation.”
- The “drink in hand” crowd. She is probably a party-type who stays awake till morning and then sleeps till noon. Again, maybe OK for short-term flings, but definitely not wife-material.
- The “hand on hip” pose. This kind of girl watches too much of reality TV and knows all about celebrities and fashion trends. She is usually insecure and high-maintenance. Don’t spend a paisa on her but subtly neg her for her to come after you. Again, not wife-material. Not by a long shot.
- The “accept me as I am” crowd. She very likely has a bitchy attitude and has really bad manners. If someone is good, they don’t have to ask others to accept them. They are accepted naturally. This kind of woman doesn’t understand what relationships are: a process of adjustment and empathy. She probably thinks a relationship is all about her. More likely, she has been a slut and doesn’t want you to judge.